Affiliate Programs & Internet Businesses
Resources & Ideas
Cabbages and Roses
Flora and Henri
Isoaidin Aikaan (Finland?)
Little Fashion Gallery
Recollections - Victorian clothing
Recollections - Photoshoot at lighthouse
Create Kids Crafts
Embroider the Easy Way
Leather Craft Secrets
Make Soy Candles
Patchwork Quilt Patterns
Rag quilt Instructions
Lasting Expressions - Scrapbooking
500 Scrapbooking Sketches
Sewing and Fitting Courses
Simple Soap Making
Organic Craft Products
Art Beads - Natural Components
Clear Hills Honey Co. - beeswax crayons
Country Rose Soaps
Dick Blick Art Supplies - bulk wooden bead assortment
Ecobutterfly - handspun chunky organic cotton yarn (31 veggie dyed colors)
ENasco - Arts and crafts supplies (made in WI)
Forestchoice - pencils
Green Field Paper Company
Grow a Note Giftcards
Hofcraft - unfinished wood and other paint surfaces
Hyena Cart - vendors for eco-friendly products
Kaethe Kruse - organic toys (Dutch)
Natural Craft Supply - wheat paste, string, bulk candle wax
Nearsea Naturals - organic cotton fabric
Organic Cotton Plus
Oompa Toys Gear Furniture
Our Green House - all organic/natural products Affiliate Program
Soap Factory - Castile Soap
Twig Pencils - Wholesale (Siam)
Woodworks Ltd. Craft Parts - wooden beads, spools, toy parts, etc.
Resources & Ideas
Kangarooboo - bib clips
Oompa - Car Lap Pad
Room Service - Ann Fox
Sophie Lane - painted knobs
Health & Fitness
Aloe - Your Miracle Dr.
Create Spa Quality Products
Fit Over 40
Fit Yummy Mummy
Getting pregnant Bible
Giving Birth Naturally - Homebirths
Stop Snoring Exercise Program
10 Minute Workouts Pass
Pregnant Workouts Pass
Pregnancy Without Pounds
Amazing Wedding Planning
Artistic Flower Arranging
Country Rose Soap
Menu in a Box
Organic Cottons Plus
Pro Wedding Ideas
Wedding Checklist Online
Wedding Planning on a Budget
Chinese for SmartKids
Fairy Tales, Fables, Myths in Beg. French
Homeschool Mom's Planner
Learn That Language Now
Making Math More Fun
Math Riddle Book
Microbusiness for Highschoolers
Old Schoolhouse Magazine
Serious Simple Sums
Read Music in One Evening
Read Music Notes - Children
StuFun Grammar - Animated
Super Science Fair Projects
Times Tables Tutor
Unit Studies by Lynda Coats - Far Above Rubies
Trends in 2009 Forecast
Micro-Trends 2009 Online tour
DIY Fashion / DIY status bags / make a bag (kits) / DIY shoe design (kits, tutorials, sneaker designs) / Credit Crunch Couture / DIY Doodle bags (draw on the bag) / Rent Fashion for the day / Felted Jewelry / Vogue knitting / DIY eco fashion accessories / Fennifolk / Scandinavian influenced fashion / build-a-bag / culinary photography boom / culinary assistants (virtual) / exotic recipes / digital cookbooks / local fresh food locator
About The Eco (Lite) Trend Report - Whether it’s sustainable, recycled, biodegradable, organic, energy-efficient, solar-powered, kinetic-powered, or otherwise green, one thing’s for sure: If you build an eco-friendly product, consumers will gravitate towards it. Green guilt and renewed interest in eco-friendly practices have resulted in products that range from relevant to bizarre.
About The Credit Crunch Trend Report - A downgraded economy will impact the way consumers spend. This will drive a fascination in all things free, low cost, and DIY. In addition, the economy will put a greater focus on the home, as people will be spending less in their leisure time. Instead of eating out, we'll see a focus on cooking and celebratory meals in the kitchens. Instead of going to the movies, people will spend time on the internet and watching tv in their living rooms. Skyrocketing fuel prices will push people to eco alternatives. Even the affluent will be impacted as pop culture will place a higher emphasis on eco alternatives and personalization (as an alternative to DIY).
About The Parenting Trend Report - Parents of this generation's kids have far more to worry about than changing diapers and selecting a school--they also have to be up with the latest in tech gadgets geared at mothers and children. The environment is also of great concern, and eco-friendly mothers are searching for products that lessen their little one's global impact. Child Design (drawings by children)/ Gen Zeducation
About The Mobility Trend Report - Catering to the modern nomad can happen in many forms, from fueling the go-go lifestyles with caffeine, to innovating the ease at which we can interact with those around the world. With the internet integrated into our daily lives, the planet is shrinking; travel is not only becoming easier, it is becoming a necessity for many, and thus the need for tech that supports this increases too.
About The Alternative Energy Trend Report - With gas prices fluctuating by the day and environmental awareness constantly on the rise, consumers are dying to diminish their dependence on oil. Alternative, renewable and efficient forms of energy continue to emerge for every aspect of daily life, powering everything from computer gadgets to mass transportation. Solartecture/Mega Alternative Fuel
About The Small Space Lifestyle Trend Report - As more people move into their city centers, both to cut down on costs and time commuting to work, they are being forced to adapt to smaller living spaces. As a result, designers are creating products that cater to this shift, either by designing more compact products or adding more detailing to the few items that are left. Smaller living spaces also result in a lack of storage space, hence the appeal of compact flash drives, or rental services which eliminate the need for storage altogether. Smallcitecture / Urban Gardening/ Compact Envy
The Top 20 Trends in 2009
20. RETURN TO THE KITCHEN (Economy / Family / Food) - Fuelled by the credit crunch and food as a fashionable hobby, we’ll see a return to the kitchen, especially for the celebrated meals.
19. DIY & THE RISE OF THE COTTAGE INDUSTRY (Economy) – Internet communities like Etsy and Craftster were already sparking interest in DIY projects, fashion and crafts. A troubled job market and the need for extra cash will spark many hobbiests to transition their love for craft into cottage industry.
18. UGLY BEAUTY (Advertising) – From Vivienne Westwood’s use real gypsies as models to Yohji Yamamoto seniors on the catwalk, expect to see an abolition of traditional beauty as people return to what seems real.
17. HOLLYWOOD VIRAL (Media) – 50 Cent’s multi-million member community, Will Ferrel’s success with Funny or Die and Paris Hilton’s fake presidential candidacy are all examples of Hollywood stars leveraging their brands for instant online success. Expect the stars to rock the blogosphere and 2009 YouTube charts.
16. SHOCKVERTISING 2.0 (Internet Culture) – Shockvertising isn’t a new tool, but the blogosphere and youtube in combination have created the world’s first truly viral platform. From Dead arms in butcher shops for a Dexter promotion to bathroom blood dispensers in Clue you can expect credit crunched ad teams to further push the limits in 2009 and beyond.
15. GEEK PRIDE (Tech) – RSS Nerd tattoos, Keyboard Jewelry, Nintendo Wall Decals and Pac Man Cufflinks are just a few examples of our techified culture opening the door to geek pride. It’s not 1990 anymore. The internet has become pervasive and geek culture is cool.
14. AGELESS INSPIRATION (Medical) – 60 today is not the same as 60 a generation ago. From boomers in fashion to boomers on youtube, a youthful generation 60 year olds is approaching retirement. As this generation proves its youth, we are seeing emphasis across all ‘older’ age groups. From Daira Tores, the 41 year old Olympian, to 80 year old Buhbbe Scher on YouTube, pop culture is now fascinated with age.
13. URBAN GARDENING (Living / Eco) – Fake and real gardens are springing up outside traditional yards. From indoor urban spice gardens to living furniture, our green obsessed society is finding eco outlets for city dwellers.
12. PHYSICAL CUSTOMIZATION (Product) – From designing your own shoes (Steve Madden) to custom dresses online (StyleShake), consumer personalization is entering the physical world. New technologies and a desire to express personality are fueling this innovation.
11. VIRTUAL TOURISM (Travel) – In a credit crunched economy, families cut their travel budget. At the same time, we continue to see an evolution in online 3D technology. As these two factors combine, we get VT.
10. STYLE OVER TRADITION (Fashion) - Even the most conventional product categories, like watches, are changing shape. Luxury items used to be a static, with only a few brands and classic designs representing status. However, modern design and cutting-edge technology are evolving style far beyond the status quo.
9. HUMANIZATION OF PETS (Pets) - Wet suits for dogs, pet tanning beds, kitten rentals, doorbells for dogs, and pet spas are just a few examples of the rise in animal humanization. Expect empty nest boomer to further accelerate this trend.
8. FAUX ROCKSTAR (Pop Culture) - Games like Guitar Hero and Rockband are spawning a new era of pop culture. Band geek couture, guitars for girls and real bands with plastic guitars are just a few rockin’ examples.
7. PREFABULOUS (Architecture) - From recycled shipping containers to cardboard, instant homes are made from a diverse range of materials. Some are built as temporary post-disaster shelters, others as aesthetic masterpieces.
6. 1960 CULTURE (Fashion / Pop Culture) - From gadgetry to fashion, the world continues to have a fascination with retro. This year, everything 1960s is hot again. Cult shows like ‘Mad Men’ continue to fuel fascination for this decade.
5. BRAG MATERIALISM (Luxury) – From a $2 Billion home to $3 Million Bugattis, Brag Materialism takes luxury to a new level. In short, simple luxuries like flat screen TVs can be ‘bought’ by just about anyone. Since opulence has been made available to the masses, truly affluent buyers are seeking extreme wealth exhibitionism.
4. POLITICAL REMIXING (Politics) – Obama and Sarah Palin brought politics into pop culture. But post election boredom will drive the internet to create their own drama with ongoing political parody, including presidential beatboxing and viral videos.
3. SMALLCHITECTURE (Interior Design / Economy) - As people move into metropolitan cores, and architects are forced to build upward, people are needing to adapt to smaller living spaces. To ease the transition of shifting to more compact home environments, architects and designers are innovating interior layouts as well as creating adaptable furnishing.
2. REMAKING HISTORY BETTER (Media) – From recreating famous photoshoots to Horror Movies remade, the revival of retro is making its way into the media. Instead of creating from scratch, artists and designers are looking at successes of the past and adding a modern twist.
1. CREDIT CRUNCH COUTURE (Economy / Fashion) – From DIY jewelry to home-made shoes, the rediscovery of individual clothing is being fuelled by our troubled economy. Interest in DIY is even sparking top designers like Hermes, with their DIY status bags and Vivienne Westwood who showcased a collection of clothing made from towels, curtains and scrap material.
SUMMARY - With our credit crunched economy and our new President promising Change, 2009 will usher in a whole new way of living. Stay tuned to TREND HUNTER to be on the cutting edge of these emerging trends.